Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And its not even 9

Del wakes me up this morning to tell me someone broke into my car and stole my stereo. I get up to make sure nothing else important has been taken. They rifled through the glove box but it looks like all they took was a bit of change and some cheap ipod accessories. I told Del at least they only took the radio. Thank goodness they didn't take Mia's car seat and I am so happy my coupon binder wasn't in the car (you coupon ladies know what I mean)

I call the police to make a statement, they showed up in less than a half hour. I was completely shocked in the town I lived before you were lucky if they showed up within 24hours. They also took finger prints. Wow I have never had them do that before. So hopefully they catch the guy.

The police officer leaves, I call Del to let him know what happened and he tell me that we didn't get the house we were hoping to rent. A few minutes the freaking power goes out - the entire neighborhood is out.

I decide to go for a walk I get myself and Mia ready and we head out the door. I didn't feel like looking for my keys so I grabbed the garage door opener. We finish our walk, I grab the opener for the automatic garage door and say Oh Shit.

I was so happy the power was back on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your radio being stolen, but thank goodness it wasn't your COUPONS, lol!! I totally understand.

Jenna
Your BBC Couponing Friend
http://newlyweds.wordpress.com/

Kira said...

Dang dang DANG. :(

I was SO pulling for the new house (read: shopping trip...)

Dawn said...

Hopefully we can find another one!!!